As our Wills and Probate Solicitors in Suffolk will tell you, there are three main reasons for making a will:
- First, you can specify who benefits on your death.
- Secondly, a well written will can save a lot of Inheritance Tax liability.
- Thirdly, a well written will is the quickest and easiest way to administer an estate.
By making a will, you make certain that you are protecting your assets and ensuring that your loved ones get the most possible benefit when you are no longer here.
Many people think that if they die without making a will their assets will automatically go to their nearest and dearest. This is not always true. The laws of intestacy decide who is your next of kin, and your spouse or children might not receive all or any of your estate.
You need to consider the following:
- What you want to happen to your home, possessions and money.
- Who you want to be the executor of your estate.
- Who you want to care for your children.
- What gifts you would like to give members of your family and friends.
- What funeral arrangements you would like.
CLICK HERE to find out how much it will cost for you to make a Will.
Making a will with us is a very straightforward process. It can be tailored to meet your personal requirements and what is more, it is likely to be less costly than you might expect. Our Wills and Probate Solicitors in Suffolk are always happy to make home visits at your convenience.
Inheritance Tax Planning
We specialise in inheritance tax planning for families and individuals. We can advise on a wide range of personal legal matters, including:
- Lifetime Trust implementation and administration.
- Probate and Estate administration.
- Personal Taxation.
- Deeds of Variation.
We are committed to providing an excellent service and accommodating the needs of our elderly and more vulnerable clients. As a member of Solicitors for the Elderly we adhere to our statement of commitment to elderly and vulnerable clients.